Big Bad Con will be hosted by the
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
1333 Old Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010
Big Bad Con Group Rate: $139/night (booking link)
Getting to the Hotel
- Driving: the hotel is right off Highway 101. Get driving directions here
- Flying: Fly into San Francisco International Airport (SFO). From there take the Hyatt shuttle (see below).
- Public Transportation: We recommend either taking BART to SFO airport and catching the Hyatt shuttle (see below), or taking Caltrain (nearby Broadway stop is weekend/holiday-only, during the week connect with SamTrans or Commute.org at Millbrae or Burlingame).”
The Hyatt offers a free shuttle that runs ever 10-15 minutes. At SFO, go to the area marked “Hotel Shuttle.” The bus is marked “Hyatt Regency and Marriott.” Click here to track the shuttle location.
Update: as of 10/26 we just found out the hotel shuttle service changed and their new service does not include shuttles with lift gates.
This was a bummer to find out, but they have offered a stop gap solution. If you have ADA needs, you can call a Lyft or Uber and then show the receipt for the ride at the front desk. They will reimburse you for the cost of the trip and advance you for the return trip.
The hotel offers parking for all attendees discounted from their rate of $36/day to $12/day for Big Bad Con.
Free wireless is available for all attendees!
The Hotels' ADA compliance:
- Emergency strobe light and strobe light smoke detector
- Closed-captioned TV
- Wide doors
- Lowered thermostat and light switches
- Lowered peephole and door latch
- Accessible bathrooms
Additionally, half of their shuttles are equipped with wheelchair lifts/ramps, there is a lift to grant access to the foyer, and they have MERV-8 in public spaces and MERV-10 in sleeping/gaming rooms. The Atrium has MERV-15 filters pulling air up and exhausting it through the roof.
Gender Neutral Bathrooms
During the event the bathrooms near the Sequoia Room and the Bayside Room will be converted to gender neutral bathrooms.
During the con, Boardroom IV will be designated as a respite room. It will be a quiet and comfy place for relaxion, breast feeding, or quiet activates (like drawing or reading). The room will have comfy chairs, noise cancelling headphones, coloring books, pens, and pencils.
Safety & Wellbeing
Food and Dining
Here's a map of dining options in the area. The program also has these locations listed along with which ones offer outdoor dining, delivery, and takeout.
During the lunch hour, the hotel (1-2:30PM) the hotel will also offer a popup food stand in the Atrium.