Big Bad Con will be hosted at the:
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
1333 Old Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010
Update 7/28: The convention hotel is nearly full and not all nights are available, or may be available but no longer at our group rate of $145/night.
Update 8/8: All rooms at the Hyatt are now booked, however we've secured a group rate at a nearby hotel:
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport (Group Rate of $124/night. 9 minute walk to the Hyatt)
Update 9/14: The Hyatt has release a few more rooms. There's a limited number, but if you haven't already booked a room, or booked somewhere else and want to move closer, follow the link above to book at the Hyatt.
If you aren't able to book your stay at the Hyatt or Crown Plaza, here are some nearby hotels that may have availability:
- Holiday Inn Express (6 minute walk to the Hyatt)
- Bay Landing Hotel (8 minute walk to the Hyatt)
- Vagabond Inn (10 minute walk to the Hyatt)
- San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront (16 minute walk to the Hyatt)
Getting to the Hotel
- Driving: the hotel is right off Highway 101. Get driving directions here
- Flying: Fly into San Francisco International Airport (SFO). From there take the Hyatt shuttle (see below).
- Public Transportation: We recommend either taking BART to SFO airport and catching the Hyatt shuttle (see below), or taking Caltrain (nearby Broadway stop is weekend/holiday-only, during the week connect with SamTrans or Commute.org at Millbrae or Burlingame).”
The Hyatt offers a free shuttle that runs every 10-15 minutes. At SFO, go to the area marked “Hotel Shuttle.” The bus is marked “Hyatt Regency and Marriott.”
Accessible Shuttles: The hotel provides shuttles with lift gates upon request. Before you fly out, call the hotel (650) 347-1234 and let them know your arrival time to have an accessible shuttle pick you up. Let the know in advance of your departure as well so they can take you back to the airport.
The hotel offers parking for all attendees discounted from their rate of $36/day to $12/day for Big Bad Con.
Free wireless is available for all attendees!
The Hotels' ADA compliance:
- Emergency strobe light and strobe light smoke detector
- Closed-captioned TV
- Wide doors
- Lowered thermostat and light switches
- Lowered peephole and door latch
- Accessible bathrooms
Additionally, half of their shuttles are equipped with wheelchair lifts/ramps, there is a lift to grant access to the foyer, and they have MERV-8 in public spaces and MERV-10 in sleeping/gaming rooms. The Atrium has MERV-15 filters pulling air up and exhausting it through the roof.
Credit Card Deposits
The hotel holds a $50/night fully refundable deposit per room for incidental charges (such as room service and meals). The first person to check into the hotel will need to use a credit or debit card to cover the deposit. After your final bill is paid the hotel will release the funds.
Gender Neutral Bathrooms
During the event the bathrooms near the Sequoia Room and the Bayside Room will be converted to gender neutral bathrooms.
During the con, Boardroom IV will be designated as a respite room. It will be a quiet and comfy place for relaxion, breast feeding, or quiet activates (like drawing or reading). The room will have comfy chairs, noise cancelling headphones, coloring books, pens, and pencils.
Safety & Wellbeing
Food and Dining
Here's a map of dining options in the area. The program also has these locations listed along with which ones offer outdoor dining, delivery, and takeout.
During the lunch hour, the hotel (1-2:30PM) the hotel will also offer a popup food stand in the Atrium.