When and Where is Big Bad Con?
September 28 6PM to October 1, 2023 8PM.
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
1333 Old Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010
I've submitted a form. When will I hear back?
- New accounts should be created immediately and you should receive an email within a few minutes.
- Event Submissions and Games on Demand sign ups are usually reviewed within two weeks. Our events team will be in touch!
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed after the submission deadline (July 31) and we'll reach out to recipients by August 22.
If you haven't heard back by any of these dates, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What safety precautions are we taking?
Find out about our COVID safety policies and risk mitigations efforts here.
What's the minimum age to attend?
We invite all gamers 13 and older. Teens 13-17 can sign up for events marked "All Ages". Games not marked "All Ages" are for players 18 and older.
Will there be a Dealer Room or Small Press Showcase?
Yes, you can find out more about each of those here:
Are my donations tax deductible?
Yes! Big Bad Con is an official 501(c)(3) non-profit. Donations are tax deductible and we count as a charitable organization for volunteering. For more information on our non-profit status see Proof of 501(c)(3) Status.
Event Submission FAQ
What's the difference between Run an Event and Games on Demand?
Games on Demand is an offshoot of our TTRPG track that allows players to drop into games at the con rather than booking a slot to play in advance. It's a great place to run games if you'd like to try out different game systems and hangout out with the amazing rangers at Big Bad Con.
We ask Games on Demand GMs to submit two possible games to run during a time slot. At the start of that time slot, players will come to the event space and pick between the games the GMs have prepped.
More detailed information on both tracks here:
When will I hear back after I've submitted an event?
Our event coordinators should reach out to you within two weeks. If you haven't heard back by then, feel free to email us at email@example.com to inquire.
I'd like to demo a game I made. What's the best way to do that?
- If you'd like to run short (under two hour) demos in the large ballroom, you can book a time slot in the Small Press Showcase once sign ups open (note: you will need a badge to book in the showcase).
- If you'd like to run full length games, you can run up to two sessions either on our schedule or in Games on Demand.
When are games scheduled?
We schedule all games after event submissions close on 7/31. You should hear back by 8/15 with your schedule.
Who built the website?
The front-end of the website is built by hand using the static site generator 11ty and hosted on Netlify. The back-end is a combination of markdown files for static content, serverless functions, and a bespoke event manager data service. It is a collaboration of:
- Colin Fahrion: Site architecture, UI design, front-end development, and some writing
- Jeremy Tidwell: Back-end development and event manager API
- Sean Nittner: Writing and the wisdom of years of Big Bad Con experience
Where did you get all the wonderful graphics?
- The character illustrations of Red and The Wolf are done by Eden Parkinson
- The Logo by Colin Fahrion
- Graphic design by Cris Viana
Big Bad Online FAQ
Where are all the games at Big Bad Online?
There are no scheduled games at Big Bad Online. We will have a Big Bad Online 2023 Discord the day of the event where people can chat and jump off into games if they like. You can register for the Big Bad Online Discord here. Note this is separate Discord from our year-round Community Discord.