We want you to have the best time you possibly can at Big Bad Con. However, if having that fun comes at the cost of someone else’s safety, happiness, or comfort, you must stop. Period.
Big Bad Con has zero tolerance for harassment of any kind. If you witness or are targeted by harassment, contact any of the convention staff and it will be dealt with directly.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of games, workshops, or other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
In relation to, but not limited to:
- national origin or citizenship
- gender identity or presentation
- sexual orientation
- immigration status
- body size
To report an incident, email email@example.com, call or text (510) 646-0073, or speak to any staff member. Include as much detail as you feel comfortable disclosing so we can address the situation immediately and thoroughly. If you’re still in the area where the incident took place and it’s safe to stay where you are, a staff member will meet you there.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact BBC staff or a volunteer. You may also come to BBC’s registration desk.
Failure to adhere to the community standards may result in:
- Mediation by Big Bad Con staff.
- Verbal warnings.
- Turning the individual over to hotel staff.
- Revocation of badge and ejection from Big Bad Con. No refunds will be offered.
- Contacting local law enforcement.
Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, attendees, GMs, speakers, guests, staff, and volunteers are all subject to our anti-harassment policy and will be held to the same standards and disciplinary action.
If you are the target of harassment, we will work with you to provide necessary support. We will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of BBC. If you are in immediate physical danger, get to safety and contact law enforcement FIRST.