We want you to have maximum access to games at Big Bad Con. Here’s how we do it:
- Event submissions are open from early April through mid-August.
- Events are posted to the site as soon as they’re approved, so attendees have plenty of time to see all their options.
- Game signups for Big Bad Con will start on September 7th at 12:00 PM PDT (GMT-7:00), using our Signup Phase System, detailed below.
- To sign up for an event, go to the event page, and if there are spaces left, click Book Now at the bottom.
Not enough games? Too many games?
- We’re proactive during signups! If a game fills up quickly, we’ll try to add additional sessions. If a game isn’t filling up, we’ll promote it through social media.
- If you have open slots on your schedule, never fear! Swing by the reg desk at the con to see what games still have open slots. We also have Games on Demand—just stop by for new games starting every two hours! And we’ve got open gaming running all con long!
Our Signup Phase System
Not everyone is available the moment signups open. So we’ve instituted Signup Phases, approximately one week apart:
- Phase I (Saturday 9/7 12PM PDT) — Everyone can sign up for a maximum of 2 events.
- Phase II (Monday 9/16 7PM PDT) — Everyone can sign up for 2 more events, a maximum of 4 total.
- Phase III (Sunday 9/22 7PM PDT) — Event signups have no maximum limit.
A few things to note:
- Events marked All Ages are available to all attendees, including teens.
- Events not designated all ages are available to adults 18 and up.
- Events you’re running don’t count against your limit.
- Volunteer Ranger shifts don’t count against your limit.
- Some specific events (Wolf Chase, panels, workshops) don’t count against your limit either. They are listed below.
|Booking Exempt (Non-Quota) Events||Type|
|Big Bad Art Walk||Art Display|
|A Nice Pleasant Game of Mexican Train||Board/Card Game|
|Battle of the Boy Bands||Board/Card Game|
|Big Bad Jeopardy!||Board/Card Game|
|Chronicles of Crime||Board/Card Game|
|Codenames (and Expansions)||Board/Card Game|
|Conviction: Justice Comes Calling!||Board/Card Game|
|Cooperating Is Awesome||Board/Card Game|
|ELEMANCERS: Light and Dark – Kickstarter Demo||Board/Card Game|
|Fantasy and Mythology and Board Games||Board/Card Game|
|Gladius Rotating Demo||Board/Card Game|
|Ikusa: Samurai Swords||Board/Card Game|
|Magischola: House Rivalry||Board/Card Game|
|Natural Selection||Board/Card Game|
|New Angeles||Board/Card Game|
|Playtest: Kitty Committee||Board/Card Game|
|Root, a woodland game of Might and Right||Board/Card Game|
|RUN! Rotating Demo||Board/Card Game|
|Spirit Island||Board/Card Game|
|Star Breach: Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmish||Board/Card Game|
|Star Wars X-Wing Flight School||Board/Card Game|
|Star Wars: Rebellion||Board/Card Game|
|Super Human Resources: Save The World, Look Good Doing It||Board/Card Game|
|Terraforming Mars||Board/Card Game|
|TREADS: Co-op WW2 Tank Battles||Board/Card Game|
|Wingspan – An adventure in birding||Board/Card Game|
|Big Queer Dance Party||Dance Party|
|Live Performance: Ruune||Dance Party|
|Wolf Chase 2019||LARP Workshop|
|Behind the Lasers – Staged with Audience Participation||Live Performance|
|Romeo and Juliet play Starcrossed…||Live Performance|
|Bleeding for the Game||Media|
|Accessibility in Gaming||Panel|
|Designing out in the Open||Panel|
|Growing a Latinx Hobby||Panel|
|How to Stop Working When You Love What You Do||Panel|
|Lyrics: An Essential and Underrated Tool of Rap||Panel|
|Swordsfall – A Trip into an Afropunk RPG||Panel|
|Terror By Design: How to design and run horror games||Panel|
|Emotional Mecha Jam Sampler||RPG|
|Chaldea Mixer with Screening||Social|
|Soda Pop Social||Social|
|Stitch & Bitch||Social|
|Épée Basics for the Aspiring Duelist||Workshop|
|Historical European Martial Arts with Foam Weapons||Workshop|
|Introduction to Dueling Sabre||Workshop|
|Make Do & Mend: Simple sewing for LARP, alterations, and sustainability||Workshop|
|Middle Eastern Dance for Every Body: American Fusion||Workshop|
|Work on Your Golden Cobra Game!||Workshop|