Yesterday the Hilton sent confirmation that they will not wave the overcharge from last year, and that it must be paid before we can book there again.
So, the hunt for another home is on! While nobody has taken the Hotel Liason position yet (though many people have contacted The Wolf to offer support, you all rock!) we still would benefit quite a bit from crowd-sourcing leads.
This is what the con is looking for in a hotel:
- Located in the East Bay
- Has 5500+ square feet of meeting room space (preferably broken up into several smaller rooms)
- Is willing to convert private rooms into game rooms
- Close to multiple food options
- Reasonable guest room rates (can you find a room for $150 or less there on a travel site like Expedia)
- [Optional but preferable] A place you already have some relationship with that we could springboard off of
Here are the hotels that we’ve already investigated and ruled out either because they couldn’t accommodate the con or because their rates were too high:
- Hilton Oakland Airport
- San Ramon Marriott
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Waterfront Hotel
- Oakland Holiday Inn Express
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel Oakland
- Oakland Marriott City Center
- The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
- Coral Reef Inn & Suites
- The Inn at Jack London Square
- Berkeley City Club
- The Washington Inn Hotel
- Holiday Inn Oakland Airport
- Oakland Convention Center
- Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Red Lion Oakland Hotel Airport
- Comfort Inn and Suites (multiple locations)
- Quality Inn (multiple locations)
- La Quinta (multiple locations)
There are about 30 more that we’ve looked at and just from their websites could tell wouldn’t be big enough for us.
Know a place that has what we need? Please let us know! (On Comments, G+ posts, or email thewolf at bigbadcon).