I talked some about this on the About page, but here’s the full details.
Our game signup process is built around one basic premise: we want you to have maximum access to games you want to play. Here’s how we do it:
- We wait for games to be submitted and allow plenty of time for GMs to submit games.
- We email you when the full game roster is available and give you plenty of time to look at the options.
- Game sign up for Big Bad Con 2016 will start in mid-September. This will follow our Signup Phase System, detailed below.
- We’re proactive during signups! If a game fills up quickly, we try to add new sessions of that game. If a game isn’t filling up, we will help promote it more to attract signups.
- We’re also proactive in linking gamers with games they might like. Unsure of what games to play? Contact us! We’ll talk about what you like and give some suggestions.
- If you have open slots on your schedule, never fear! We’ll take signups for open games at the reg desk. We also have Games on Demand—just stop by for new games starting every two hours! And we’ve got open gaming running all con long!
- Throughout the con, we’ll also be tweeting at @bigbadcon about new games opening up or gamers looking for a GM.
Our Signup Phase System
Many have requested that sign ups be limited in the first week to make sure that everyone, even the folks who can’t be frantically refreshing their browser pages at noon on Saturday, gets a chance to sign up for their favorite games.
To facilitate this, we created signup phases in 2015. It was very successful, so we’re sticking with it!
- Phase I (Sept 10 at noon PST) — everyone can sign up for a maximum of 2 events, gamers ages 13-17 have priority for Teen events.
- Phase II (Sept 17 at noon PST) — everyone can sign up for a maximum of 4 events, gamers ages 13-17 have priority for Teen events.
- Phase III (Sept 24 at noon PST) — event signups have no maximum limit, gamers 18+ can sign up for Teen events. Signups will be limited only by your schedule, game availability, and your ability to time travel or clone yourself.*
A few exceptions to note:
- Events you’re running don’t count against your limit.
- Some specific events (Verify your Badge, Wolf Chase, Panels, etc.) don’t count against your limit either.
* Time travelers with separate instances of themselves must each purchase separate passes to Big Bad Con. Android clones must show that they are at least level 6 Turing compliant and present an official Asimov law certificate to come to Big Bad Con. Biological clones must swear under oath that they have never seen a David Cronenberg film.