We want you to have maximum access to games at Big Bad Con. Here’s how we do it:
- Event submissions are open from early April through mid-August.
- Events are posted to the site as soon as they’re approved, so attendees have plenty of time to see all their options.
- Game signups for Big Bad Con will start in mid-September. This will follow our Signup Phase System, detailed below.
- We’re proactive during signups! If a game fills up quickly, we’ll try to add additional sessions. If a game isn’t filling up, we’ll promote it through social media.
- If you have open slots on your schedule, never fear! Swing by the reg desk at the con to see what games still have open slots. We also have Games on Demand—just stop by for new games starting every two hours! And we’ve got open gaming running all con long!
Our Signup Phase System
Not everyone is available to frantically refresh their browser page the moment signups open. So we’ve instituted a Signup Phases:
- Phase I — Everyone can sign up for a maximum of 2 events; gamers ages 13-17 have priority for Teen events.
- Phase II — Everyone can sign up for a maximum of 4 events; gamers ages 13-17 have priority for Teen events.
- Phase III — Event signups have no maximum limit; gamers 18+ can sign up for Teen events.
A few exceptions to note:
- Events you’re running don’t count against your limit.
- Some specific events (Wolf Chase, Panels, Workshops, large larps) don’t count against your limit either. This info will be listed on each event’s description page.