Here’s the skinny on the hotel:
Marriott Walnut Creek
2355 N Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Big Bad Con Group Rate: $135/night
Current Room Availability
Update 5/17/2019: The rooms on Wednesday night are filled up. If you set you arrival date to Thursday or later, rooms are still available though.
Update 6/18/2019: All the rooms with two beds are sold out. Only single bed rooms are available.
Update 7/12/2019: All rooms on Wednesday and Saturday are sold out. Only rooms on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday night are available. Here are some nearby alternative lodging options:
- Walnut Creek Motel 6 (.2 miles away)
- Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek (.9 miles away)
- Diablo Mountain Inn (1.3 miles away)
Note that the shuttle will pickup from any of these locations. If you want to book a room for Thursday, Friday, and/or Sunday night (but not Saturday), you can still book at the Marriott here.
Marriott Age Requirements
All guests ages 13-20 must be accompanied by an adult who is 21 or older when checking in.
All guests ages 13-14 must be attended to by an adult who is 21 or older throughout their stay.
Getting to the Hotel
- Driving: the hotel is right off Interstate 680. Get driving directions here
- Flying: You can arrive at either Oakland International Airport (OAK) or San Francisco International Airport (SFO), whichever had better rates. Both airports have BART (subway) stations attached to them, so you can hop on a train and go to the hotel!
- Public Transportation: If at all possible we recommend taking BART to get to the Hotel. The Walnut Creek Station is a 12 minute walk, or you can call the shuttle service (see below) for a pickup. Update 8/13/2019: The Walnut Creek BART train will be delayed due to track work. More information here.
The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to anywhere in a five mile radius, including BART stations and 100 restaurants! Call (925) 934-2000 for a ride!
The hotel requires valet parking for all attendees (no self parking) but they have received the rate from $23/day to $10/day for Big Bad Con.
Note: The booking website will list the parking rate at $23/day. The hotel has confirmed that page is standard template they can’t change and that the $10/day rate will be in effect for the entire con, regardless if attendees are guests of the hotel.
The large board rooms host large larps, panels, the dealers room, special events, and board games. The private game rooms (highlighted in yellow) host RPGs and some small larps!
Plenty of great food within walking distance, even more available using the free hotel shuttle servie!
Free wireless is available for all attendees!