How Do Game Signups Work?
We want you to have maximum access to games at Big Bad Con. Here’s how we do it:
- Event submissions are open from early June through mid-September.
- Events are posted to the site as soon as they're approved, so attendees have plenty of time to see all their options.
- Game signups for Big Bad Con will start on September 25th at 12:00 PM PDT (GMT-7:00), using our Signup Phase System, detailed below.
- To sign up for an event, go to the event page, and if there are spaces left, click Book Now at the bottom.
Not enough games? Too many games?
- We’re proactive during signups! If a game fills up quickly, we'll try to add additional sessions. If a game isn’t filling up, we'll promote it through social media.
- If you have open slots on your schedule, never fear! Swing by the reg desk at the con to see what games still have open slots. We also have Games on Demand—just stop by for new games starting every two hours! And we've got open gaming running all con long!
Our Signup Phase System
Not everyone is available the moment signups open. So we've instituted Signup Phases, approximately one week apart:
- Phase I (Sunday 9/25 12PM PDT) — Everyone can sign up for a maximum of 2 events.
- Phase II (Monday 10/3 7PM PDT) — Everyone can sign up for 2 more events, a maximum of 4 total.
- Phase III (Saturday 10/8 7PM PDT) — Event signups have no maximum limit.
A few things to note:
- Events marked All Ages are available to all attendees, including teens.
- Events not designated all ages are available to adults 18 and up.
- Events you're running, volunteer shifts, and small press showcase events don't count against your limit.
- Some specific events (Wolf Chase, panels, workshops) don’t count against your limit either. They marked with a message "This event does not count towards your quota" near the booking button.