- Sat Oct 13, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Karen Twelves
- No Content Advisory
- We will be using a variation of cut/break
- Sacramento (39)
- 2 of 20
Many of the skills used by improvisational actors to tell compelling stories on stage can also be used by live-action roleplayers to create engaging in-game experiences. We’ll try some fun and easy improv exercises that explore skills specifically relevant to larping—shifting status, full-body characters, sharing the spotlight, and working with invisible objects.
Beginners to improv and/or larping are welcome. Bring an open mind and excitement to try new things!
BONUS: Get a sneak peek at the book Improv for Gamers, coming out mid-November!
NOTE: Improv often involves being on your feet a lot and being physically active. While we encourage you to wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water, all activities can be modified as needed for comfort and ability. You’re also welcome to excuse yourself from any activity at any time without explanation.Game tags: Collaborative, Freeform, Improv, Light, Silly
You must be logged in and have a badge to sign up for events.
- Make sure you are logged in (login over on the right)
- If you are logged in but haven't haven't purchased one already Sign up! to buy a badge (give it some time, activating your account is a manual process).
- If you know you've got a badge and still can't register, please email us email@example.com and we'll look into it directly.