- Sat Oct 12, 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Kienna Shaw
- Bluebeard's Bride (PbtA)
- Adult Themes
- Body horror, psychological horror, Gothic horror, oppression, misogyny, graphic violence, explicit sexuality, allusions to sexual violence/assault, depression, suicide, body image, eating disorders, disability, illness, imprisonment, abuse
- X-card, Lines/Veils, Open Door policy, N-card, O-card
- 598 (47)
- 0 of 5
- Created at the table
Bluebeard’s Bride is an investigatory feminine horror Powered by the Apocalypse game written and designed by Whitney “Strix” Beltrán, Marissa Kelly, and Sarah Richardson, and based on the classic Bluebeard fairy tale.
In this game you and your friends will create your own beautifully tragic version of the dark fairy tale as different aspects of Bluebeard’s newest Bride. Wander the halls and investigate rooms to answer the key questions:
- What are the truths of your new home?
- What darkness and horrors haunts these halls and yourself?
- And will you be a faithful or disloyal Bride?
Note: themes surrounding feminine horror will be explored in this game. While certain content may be removed via lines and veils and X/N/O cards, horror themes around the oppression of women (namely through the lens of sexuality, motherhood, religion, and body) will be present throughout.Tags: Collaborative, Dark, Drama, Emotional, Exploration, Fantasy, Gore, Graphic Violence, Horror, Investigation, Play to find out, Potentially triggering*, Provocative, Sex and Sexuality, Suspenseful