- Sat Oct 13, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wilson Zorn
- At the Hands of an Angry God
- Adult Themes
- Really depends entirely on where the players are willing to go. May include sex and sexuality, will depend on play group. References to gore and/or graphic violence may occur but this GM does not allow any elaborations thereof.
- Open Door policy, Go/no-go topics similar to lines/veils
- 3 of 6
- Story-centric, characters are improvised only as needed/desired
At the Hands of an Angry God is a story-game in which players represent the people and forces at work in an attempt to establish a self-contained community on the edge of civilization. The type of community in question might be something like Puritan settlers in the New World, a space-faring community surviving devastation, or modern religious zealots (like the New Davidian and Jonestown comunities) escaping the modern world. One player represents Fate; whether Fate represents the hand of God or nature directly or something else…well that’s up to each to make their own mind up about. Mainly, in effect, Fate represents challenges to the community that come from outside of that community, whether the guardians of an old order, famine, disease, riot police, nearby “savages,” weather events, or the like. The other players represent Families (or tight-knit factions).
Players will establish a common ethos for the new community and then each “family” will attempt to survive the elements, further the community, and, ideally, establish their family in the forefront of the community.Tags: Collaborative, Drama, Exploration, Play to find out, Player antagonism, Potentially triggering*, Provocative, Rotating authority, Serious Utopia! (or dystopia...)