- Sat Oct 14, 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Sophie Lagacé
- Alas for the Awful Sea
- All Ages
- structural misogyny/racism/etc., descriptions of whaling/animal cruelty, references to family domestic violence
- X-card, Lines/Veils, Script Change
- 579 (26)
- 1 of 4
- Created at the table
Unnatural storms and terrifying waves forced your ship to shore. Now you’re stuck here, in this dirt poor town, drenched in the smell of cheap whiskey and rotten fish.
As poverty and politics consume the town, and folklore tales come to life, you will face harsh realities and even harsher choices. You and your crew must make deals, find answers, and pick sides. But believe me, you won’t all pick the same one…
“What will you do when the Sea Itself turns on you?”
Alas for the Awful Sea, by Hayley Gordon and Veronica Hendro, is Powered by the Apocalypse, and tells stories about why people hate, and what they fear. It is about desperation and the havoc it wreaks. The mystical is dangerous, unpredictable, and strange. This game is for telling stories like Pan’s Labyrinth, Whale Rider, and a grown-up Secret of Roan Inish, in the setting of 1800s rural British Isles.Game tags: Adventure, Collaborative, Dark, Drama, Emotional, Fantasy, historical, Intrigue, Melancholy, Mystery, PbtA, Play to find out, Potentially triggering*, Serious, Suspenseful
You must be logged in and have a badge to sign up for events.
- Make sure you are logged in (login over on the right)
- If you are logged in but haven't haven't purchased one already Sign up! to buy a badge (give it some time, activating your account is a manual process).
- If you know you've got a badge and still can't register, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it directly.
- Manuel Serpa
- Ariel Celeste